Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
Bryan & I were lucky enough to be invited to the taping of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last Thursday. Our good friend works for VS corporate in NYC and she hooked us up. We went with our friends, Dantes & Chantel. It was awesome!!!!
I brought my little compact camera but they checked my purse and I had to check it in. So, I didn't get any pictures of the actual show. BooHoo!
My friend Chantel & I outside the Theatre doors before the show.
The show was held at the Kodak Theatre and was only 45 minutes long. We went to the afternoon show and there were approx. 600 guests (no celebrities that I know of) and tons of staff/production crew. We were sitting across the stage from Perez Hilton (who was sporting purple hair and big white sunglasses). I suppose he would be considered the most celebrity-like person in the audience as far as I saw.
All the VS Angels looked gorgeous and made me feel like Princess Fiona. DH was in heaven (pun intended). Their costumes were outrageous & fun. All bra & panty sets, lots of wings, no negligees or regular clothing other than a hoodie paired with thigh highs. They had legs for days. I was sitting in the 12th (top) row and their legs looked like they were 6' long.
Kanye West was supposed to perform, but since his Mother passed away on Sunday, there was a replacement. The replacement was Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas and his performance was awesome. His opening song was Got It From Your Momma which was fun and a great way to start the show. He sang 2 songs total.
Seal also performed twice. One of the songs, Wedding Day, was a duet with his wife & VS model Heidi Klum. Their physical performance was kind of blah though. The stood in the middle of the runway gazing into each other's eyes while rocking back and forth.
The Spice Girls also sang two songs, Stop and Headlines. They looked awesome in their military inspired outfits but I was disappointed in their clearly lip-synced performance. The first song's physical performance was cute & fun but the second they just stood there in their formal gowns. I wish their 2nd song was more upbeat. I guess I just expected more from their 'debut reunion' performance in general. Geri Halliwell looked so different. She is very thin and she has blonde hair now - no more Ginger Spice.
After the show we chatted with our friend who gave us the tix and she gave us wristbands for the after party. This was the party after the 2nd taping with all the celebrities & models.
We had quite a few hours to kill before the party so we went to dinner at Koji's Japan which is in the same center as the Kodak Theatre. We had Shabu-Shabu and you basically cook your own meal at your table. It was fun & different. It was pretty pricey though considering we did most of the work!
Bryan & I at dinner.
Dantes & Chantel at dinner.
Shabu-Shabu:
After dinner we went and watched the 'pink' carpet to see the celebrities enter for the evening taping. This was from when they were setting up the pink carpet entrance earlier in the day.
This was the see-thru ginormous banner hanging on the front of the theatre.
Unfortunately, we were on the 2nd story and couldn't get down to the ground level so we had to take pictures from above. Most of the photos came out blurry cause my camera is too slow to photograph movement. There were a bunch of celebrities but the ones we recognized were:
Heidi Klum & Seal (they walked down the pink carpet separately, about five minutes between the two of them)
Kat Von D (LA Link)
Eva Longoria-Parker (Desperate Housewives)
Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko on CSI Miami)
Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser & How I Met Your Mother)
Orlando Bloom (Lord of the Rings, among other movies)
Hayden Panettierre (Heroes) - she is TINY and so adorable
Lauren Conrad (The Hills)
Whitney Port (The Hills)
Audiana Patridge (The Hills)
Dean Cain (Superman)
Michael Vartan (Big Shots)
Masi Oka (Heroes)
Greg Gunberg (Heroes)
Slash (from Guns & Roses & now Velvet Revolver)
Ryan Seacrest (American Idol)
Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Mel B's partner on Dancing with the Stars) - My mom thinks he is soooo sexy. Every week we watch the results together and she gushes over him. I brushed his arm at the after party and I wish I had courage to get a picture with him. My mom would have loved that. When I told her about seeing him she asked me if I told him "my mom thinks you are sexy". LOL
That is Eva Longoria-Parker in the center, wearing the ivory colored dress. It is the best celerity picture I got on the pink-carpet.
We saw most of the celebrities I listed at the after-party too! It was the swankiest party I have ever been to. It was weird being that close to them. I wish I took more pictures at the after-party but very few people had cameras and I felt like a star-struck dork.
I did manage to snap a close up of Hayden Panettierre at the after party though.
We thought we were just going to go to dinner after the show and be home by 8PM. We didn't end up getting home until 12:30AM. What a day!


No comments:
Post a Comment