new oldies

There have been several events/activities in the last few months with photos that I would like to share, but I have had no time to share them. I know, I know, you are sick of hearing how hectic my life is but it is the truth. So until I get caught up, this post will be pinned at the top with links to new blog entries with old dates. That way you won't miss seeing/reading them, and I can keep them in date order. The perfectionist in me likes to keep things organized.

Friday, March 9, 2007

The longest day of my life.

Dylan had an audition today for a Ralph Lauren print ad. I thought I would dress him in a preppy outfit so he would look the part. Despite the fact that we have to drive 100 miles to Los Angeles and the audition was during nap time, Dylan did really well.

We left at 11:30AM and got home at 6:10PM. The whole audition took 30 minutes of waiting for our turn and 30 seconds to snap two Polaroids. There were about 200 kids and it was TOTAL chaos. Dylan wasn't too interested in looking at the camera. He was too busy watching the other kids running around all crazy off to the side of the stage.

It took over 2 hours to get there and 3.5 hours to get home. Road rage anyone? Dylan watched Elmo & Blue's Clues videos while I fed him grapes and string cheese from the front seat (while driving), to keep him occupied and happy. He doesn't sleep in the car so he never got a nap. Poor kid.

He didn't get the job (they would have let us know by 7PM tonight) and I was actually relieved. The shoot would have been sometime over the next 6 days and I didn't want to have to do that drive again anytime soon.

Here are a couple pictures I took of Dylan when we got back home. I thought he looked so cute all preppied out. I love the hat and much to my surprise, he does too! He didn't wear it for the actual audition but he had it on when we went there.

Please ignore the dried milk on his shirt. :)

2 comments:

Jaidean said...

awww...he would have been a perfect Ralph Lauren Model!!!

Anonymous said...

Well shame on Ralph Lauren, they don't know what they're missing!!